It is so easy to go about our daily lives and not even thank God for the breath we breathe! Sometimes I feel like I am being swallowed up by this rat race and it often is hard for me to even take a moment for my Creator. Pathetic. God isn’t a vindictive God at all. He doesn’t hold a grudge against me for not taking time out of my day to raise a prayer of thanksgiving. However, He is a jealous God. He has every right to be. He created me, He’s my dad, He sent His Son for me. He deserves all of my affections. That’s why I wanted to write this post. It’s a post of thanksgiving. I want to list 20 things I am thankful for. I have way more than 20, but I have to cut it off at some point, right?!
So, let’s get going!
- More than thankful that Jesus rescued me from eternal damnation. So thankful God sacrificed His only son to offer a lifeline to us sheep. What a sweet, precious, personal Savior!
- SO grateful for the freedom to read my Bible every day.
- Thankful for a Bible TO read! Praise the Lord He gave us His Word! It never returns void and it fills that void we all have.
- So grateful for my handsome husband. Thankful for his love for Jesus, for his work ethic, for his personality, his gentleness with me, his thoughtfulness and so much more. He has been a joy to be a wife to for 6+ months.
- Thankful for my health. Wow, so many people are sick around me! I am thankful that since moving to CA my health has significantly improved from headaches to other issues. Praise Jesus!
- Thankful for my parents. I am so thankful that I can be in the minority and tell people “why yes, they are still married and are 40 years in!” They’re love for one another and for Jesus makes my heart sing. They, even though flawed like the rest of us, have been fantastic supportive parents. I wouldn’t trade them for the world!
- Thankful for my brother and sister-in-law and little nephew. They are amazing. So grateful to be seeing them over Christmas too! Love how close we’ve gotten and watching my sweet nephew, Daniel, grow up to be so smart and hilarious! Love them!
- Grateful for the gorgeous weather that we have here day in and day out. Oh my goodness. I can’t complain! I love living in paradise.
- Love my little schnauzer who is conked out right beside me as I write this. She is my little besty and such a sweetheart. She’s been a blessing since moving here and transitioning.
- Thankful for my job! I love it and I love the Target employees I work beside. I enjoy being a Beauty Advisor and it comes with so many perks. Most people cannot say they love their job! Thankfully, I can.
- Thankful for a cozy home to come home to every day.
- Super excited and thankful for upcoming thanksgiving feasts. Yum, yum, gobble, gobble! I love turkey.
- Grateful for a best friend out here—Caprice. She has become even closer to me and like a sister since moving out. Praise the Lord for her!
- Words cannot describe the joy I have when thinking of my friends back home. Thankful for Jules, Sarah, Madison and Candace. Love those girls with all my heart and miss them tremendously. Grateful I get to see them—hopefully most of them—when I return home!
- Thankful for a home church; one that preaches the unadulterated Word of God and one with such a warm church family.
- Thankful for my in-laws and brother-in-law and sister-in-law! God couldn’t have blessed me with better in-laws. They are fantastic and love Jesus. They are such a blessing in my life!
- So thankful for this blog and the opportunity to write. I love writing and am thankful God gave me this passion
- Thankful for warm boots and fun skinny jeans this chilly season! I know, a bit superficial, but I am! I love fashion.
- Thankful for the invention of flying—because that means I have way to see family!
- Finally, I am thankful for the mere fact that I am alive. How astounding that my heart is beating right now without my help. God is truly sustaining me. He designed me fearfully and wonderfully made. He truly is worthy to be praised.
I am thankful for so many things. Those are just my tops! Thank you guys for taking the time out to read my list. Hopefully, I’ve inspired you to create your own.
What are YOU thankful for this holiday season?